By accessing this web site, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth in this Legal Notice and the Privacy Statement. Do not access the web site or use its services if you do not agree to all of the terms and conditions laid down herein.
Documents available on this Web Site
Permission to use Documents (such as brochures, press releases) from the web site is granted, provided that the use of such Documents is for non-commercial use only and will not be copied or broadcast in any media, and no modifications to the Documents are made. Accredited educational institutions, such as colleges and universities, may reproduce the Documents for distribution in the classroom. Reproduction for any other purpose requires express written permission from Helvar. No logo, graphic or image from the web site may be retransmitted or reproduced unless expressly permitted by Helvar.
Use of Services
The web site may contain e-mail services and other message or communication facilities designed to communicate. You agree to use these communications to send and receive messages with material that is proper and applicable, related to that particular communication. You agree that, when using the communications, you will not
- Use the communication in connection with surveys, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk e-mail, spamming or any unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise).
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the rights of privacy of others.
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, defamatory, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information.
- Use any material or information, including images or photographs made available on the web site in any manner that infringes the copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary party.
Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer of Warranties
To the extent permitted by the law, neither Helvar nor its affiliates shall be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential or other damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or access to, or inability to use or access this web site or its content.
Helvar will use reasonable efforts to ensure that the information and materials provided on the web site are correct. However, Helvar cannot guarantee the accuracy of all information and materials and does not assume any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, completeness or authenticity of any information and materials contained on the web site. We do not warrant that the operation of this web site will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that this web site is free from viruses or other components that may be harmful to equipment or software. Helvar does not guarantee that the web site will be available all the time or at any specific time.
Links to Other Web Sites
The use of the web site, this Legal Notice and the Privacy Statement are governed by the laws of Finland. Unless otherwise provided by law, the courts of Finland have exclusive jurisdiction and venue for any disputes arising from or in connection with the use of the web site, this Legal Notice or the Privacy Statement.
Copyright © 2016 Helvar Oy Ab, Keilaranta 5, FI-02150 Espoo, Finland
Copyright © 2016 Helvar Limited, Hawley Mill, Hawley Road, Dartford, Kent DA2 7SY U.K.
All rights reserved.
Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
The following provides information regarding permission to use specific copyrighted materials such as images and text which are owned by Helvar.
Use of Images
Helvar does not allow the name or logo of Helvar to be used in a way that would imply sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement of third party products, companies, or services used by Helvar.
Helvar does not allow use of our product or installation images in third party publications without prior permission. However, Helvar does not object to third party use of product images, as long as the use is not disparaging and falls within the definition of “fair use” under international copyright law.
Use of images may be permitted on a case-by-case basis in advertising, in books and other printed matter, for public exhibitions, in television programs, and/or on video. However, you must obtain written permission from Helvar.
In some instances photographs used on the Helvar web site and in Helvar publications are not copyright owned by Helvar, and we do not have the right to authorize commercial use or redistribution of the images. After checking with Helvar, you should contact the copyright owner directly.
Images can be downloaded from Helvar Mediabank.
Use of Text
Helvar Publications: Helvar does not object if you wish to photocopy portions of articles from its publications for personal use. However, if you wish to reprint articles or text from any Helvar publication for use in another publication, you will need specific permission to do so from Helvar.
Linking to Helvar Web Site: Generally, Helvar does not object to parties making referential links to the Helvar web site. However, we prefer that any reference to our company name or product names appear in a simple font and format and that you use appropriate words, such as “This way to Helvar.com” or “click here for more information on Helvar front page”. You may not use the Helvar corporate logo on its own, nor any other Helvar graphic or logo to make these links, without prior permission from Helvar.
You should not assume that all articles or documents that are contained in Helvar.com web pages are owned by Helvar. Helvar is not the copyright owner of everything that is posted on our web site. Therefore, you must first determine whether or not Helvar is identified as the copyright owner. If another party is identified as the copyright owner, please contact them direct for permission to use the documentation.
For enquiries regarding permission to use images or text either from the Helvar web site or any of its publications, please contact us.
General Guidelines for using Helvar Trademarks
A trademark is a word, name, design or phrase that identifies a product and distinguishes it from similar products made by competitors. Consequently, Helvar trademarks are valuable because they represent the standards of excellence and consistent quality associated with Helvar products. After trademark rights are acquired they must be maintained by proper, continuous use of the trademarks, and it is important to understand how they must be protected. Correct use of our trademarks is important to Helvar, so we have supplied the following guidelines:
Rules for protecting Helvar Trademarks
- Set trademarks apart from other words or the nouns they modify. The common way to do this is to properly capitalize the product name and designate the trademark with the appropriate symbol. You can also use underlining, italics, or bold type.
- Use Helvar Trademarks as proper adjectives. Trademarks are adjectives that describe a specific person, place, or thing. Because a trademark is an adjective, use it with the noun that it modifies.
- If you use the same Trademark repeatedly in a piece, you must use it correctly: At first reference, use the Helvar Trademark plus its full descriptor, with the trademark symbol. Thereafter, the trademark should appear with its noun descriptor, but it is not necessary to constantly use the symbol.
- Never combine a Helvar trademark/product name with another trademark/product name. Trademarks serve to identify the source of a product. If Helvar trademarks are combined with the trademarks or product names of others, users may be confused as which company is the source of the product.
- Don’t use Helvar trademarks in the possessive or plural form.
- Use the appropriate trademark symbol in the proper place and give proper attribution.
- Do not shorten, abbreviate or create acronyms out of Helvar trademarks.
Last updated: October 2020
Collection of Personal Information
We mainly collect personal data either directly from you or in the course of our business activities. When we need information that personally identifies you or allows us to contact you we may also collect it from public sources (e.g. corporate websites) or by using specific on-line forms on our website, via Helvar’s mobile applications (e.g. ActiveAhead or Active+), our social media channels, through our partner websites or our service portal.
Your information collected includes your name, address (this might be your home address and/or the address where our services are being used), e-mail address, telephone number, location data, job role, and company information. We may also collect information which enables us to provide the service in question, such as photos you may take from your premises. We may also collect information generated from your use of our services or your visit to our website, as well as information on event participation.
We do not collect any sensitive personal data. The connection of the on-line forms is not protected with an encryption program, so please do not send any sensitive information through the on-line forms.
Use of Personal Information
We may process your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide and manage our products and services.
- To manage our customer relations and to provide you the best possible customer service.
- To deliver services, such as newsletters, training, or support your request or purchase.
- To conduct marketing campaigns and/or market studies.
- To develop and personalize our marketing, products, and services to better meet your interests, which may entail profiling.
- To allow you access to limited-entry areas of our site as appropriate.
- To alert you to product upgrades, updated information, and other services from Helvar.
- To maintain and develop our products and/or services and create added value in our business.
We only process your personal information when we have a legitimate interest in doing so (for example, in order to deliver the service that you have requested) or when there is another legal basis for the processing of your personal data, such as when you have given your consent to the processing or if the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party.
Sharing of Personal Information
We use other companies to provide services entailing the processing of personal data, such as mailing, webinar services, marketing services, and IT services. We will only provide those companies with the information to deliver the service, and they are generally prohibited from using that information for any other purpose. We may also transfer personal data to other Helvar group companies.
Helvar may disclose your personal information a) if it is necessary to conform to the law or comply with legal process served on Helvar or b) if required by competent authorities. We may also share your personal information with other Helvar group companies or our distribution partners, where necessary and appropriate. Such disclosures may take place for the purposes set forth above, for example, if you contact us in order to purchase Helvar products or services in a country outside Finland.
International Transfers of Personal Information
We may transfer the personal data we collect about you to countries other than the country in which the data were originally collected, including to countries outside the EU or the EEA. The laws of those countries may not have the same level of data protection as the country in which you initially provided the data. If we transfer your personal data to other countries, we will protect that data as described in this Privacy Statement and in accordance with the applicable law. We will take all appropriate safeguards to protect your personal data. If you wish for more information on these safeguards, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org to contact the liaison officer of data protection matters.
When processing the personal data we carry out the technical and organizational measures necessary for securing personal data against unauthorized access, against accidental or unlawful destruction, manipulation, disclosure, and transfer, and against other unlawful processing.
Retention of Personal Information
We will only retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement that is in relation to you being our customer, for example. We may nevertheless retain certain personal data for the period needed for us to comply with our legal obligations or to resolve disputes.
Controller of the Personal Information
The controller of your personal data is Helvar Oy Ab in Finland (address: Keilaranta 5, FI-02150 Espoo, Finland). You may contact the liaison officer of data protection matters by sending a message to email@example.com.
Your Rights as a Data Subject
As a data subject, every person whose personal information we have collected has the rights set forth in the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
Every data subject shall have the right to access any information which concerns him or her. In accordance with the GDPR it is possible to rectify, erase, or supplement any personal data processed by us, which is erroneous, unnecessary, incomplete, or obsolete. The data subject may, in certain circumstances, have the right to request the transfer of data to another company or the restriction of the processing. Additionally, the data subject may have the right to object to the processing. The provision of personal data may, however, in certain circumstances be a necessary requirement for the use of the services. Helvar reserves the right to suspend the provision of services or to prevent access to the services if the data subject fails to provide necessary data or requires its deletion.
You also have the right to object to the processing of personal data for purposes of direct advertising, distance selling, or other direct marketing. Every data subject also has the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
All requests relating to these rights should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We use the following types of cookies on our website and services:
- Functional cookies: These cookies are necessary for the functioning and use of our website. They are needed to maintain the session state and help identify the user’s personal preferences within the online service. Functional cookies make it possible to save information that changes the way the website appears or acts. For instance, your preferred language or region.
- Analytics cookies: These cookies are used to gain insight into the use of our websites and services by collecting and reporting information, which allows us to optimise our websites, products, and services.
- Marketing cookies: These cookies allow us to track and analyze user behavior and to deliver targeted advertising by displaying personalized, interest-based advertisements when they visit our website and/or third-party websites and services. Such cookies are provided by third-party advertisers to personalise and measure the efficacy of marketing on our own as well as on third party websites.
We use both so-called session cookies and persistent cookies. How long cookies are saved on your device can vary. The time when they are scheduled to expire is calculated from the last date you visited the website. When cookies expire, they are automatically deleted. Session cookies are temporary cookie files stored on your browser until you leave our site or at the latest when you close your browser, whereas persistent cookies are saved on your browser until they are deleted by you or until their pre-set duration period expires. The duration periods for persistent cookies vary depending on the purpose for which they are used and vary between one session to 26 months; third-party cookies are stored based on their own privacy policies, please see the list of provides below.
You have the opportunity to accept or to reject other than the functional cookies when you first visit our website. If you do not wish to receive cookies or do not want to be notified of when they are placed on your computer, you may reject cookies, or set your web browser to do so and delete the cookies at a later phase. If you do so, please be aware that you may not be able to view nor use certain parts of the web site, and all settings controlled by these cookies will be deleted.
- Facebook Helvar’s website uses the “Custom Audiences” remarketing service provided by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (“Facebook”). This service allows us to advertise our products and services to the visitors of our website in a targeted fashion by displaying personalized, interest-based Facebook ads to the website’s visitors when they use the Facebook social network. The remarketing tag provided by Facebook is integrated on the website to implement this service.This tag establishes a direct connection to the Facebook servers when you visit our website. It allows the Facebook server to record which of our webpages you have visited. Facebook allocates this information to your personal Facebook user account. We may also allow visitors to share content from our website onto their Facebook profiles. Additional information regarding the collection and utilization of your data by Facebook, your rights in relation to these data and the possibilities to protect your privacy can be found in the privacy statement of Facebook. If you do not want Facebook to assign this information directly to your Facebook user account, you can deactivate the “Custom Audiences” remarketing service. You must be logged in at Facebook to do so.
- Instagram We use embedded content from Instagram on our website. This allows us to track those visitors who have been referred to this website from an Instagram advertisement. We may also allow visitors to share content from our website onto their Instagram profiles. The Instagram cookie also supports online marketing by collecting information about users to promote products through partners and other platforms. Further information regarding the use of your data by Instagram is available at Instagram’s Data Policy.