100 years of innovations and leadership
Helvar was founded in Helsinki on 28th December 1921 to handle import and export between Finland (Helsinki) and Poland (Warsaw). From the 1920’s onwards, we were one of the Finnish radio pioneers, later also TV sets were added to product portfolio. In the 1950’s we started producing magnetic ballasts for fluorescent lamps. Since the 1970’s we have been concentrating on lighting components and lighting systems.